Les Mis Trailer

Friday 17 December 2010

Reverb10

Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself
this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
The best lesson I learned about myself this year is to trust my instincts more. I have a strong intuition, sometimes quite scarily so in fact, and in the past I have ignored it when there has been too much fear attached to it. But this year I have learnt that my instincts are good, and that I need to just listen more carefully to them and not be afraid of what they tell me. Taking this forward and applying it is what I am doing more and more especially when learning to coach and counsel, but also at work. I used to keep my opinions to myself as I am not the full-time staff, but actually what I feel about situations there and what can be done about them, seems to be being valued now. Perhaps the trust has been built up now and my sincerity about observations/problems stems from experience and a desire to improve things for us all. Anyway, this is my lesson, and I am grateful for learning it.
Sue xx

No comments: