Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 19 December 2010

Reverb 10

Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip
evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
Hmm, thinking about this is quite intense. I can think of several things but the one I chose to tell you about is to do with my career. I had a super career that I loved, in England. I had worked hard to be at the stage I was when we moved here in 2000, and to suddenly find that it was all done, was a bitter blow. I had not been prepared for that. I was led to believe that it would be simple to just pick it up again here, and carry on, but that was far from the truth. The first few years were so frustrating for me, and I went through the whole 9 yards of grieving and mourning all that I had lost............inside me I suppose that pain is not yet totally healed over.
The first step towards healing came when I took a job within the caring sector in Zoetermeer, and then again another one when I began working here in 2008, but the giant step took place this year when I started this course in Amsterdam. That first day was wonderful. Since it is an international program everything is in English, and that has made all the difference for me. I am back on solid ground, I know what I want to say or write or read, with confidence, and all that I had lost is slowly being given back to me. It is only when this happens that you realise just how important or deep-rooted something is to you, and how all that bravado about not missing being a manager or a therapist or a team-mate was just that; I have yearned for it so much. 
Being healed in 2011? I would wish for my heart to be healed, that's all. 
Sue xx

No comments: