Les Mis Trailer

Monday 29 March 2010

Ready for the off!!!

Well, not really, but I have started to gather my things for the coming weekend away. Having seen the weather forecast on the BBC last night, I have no idea what to take to wear! SNOW? SLEET? RAIN? Where is the Easter Sunshine that rabbits so enjoy?!! I'd got a whole other wardrobe in mind, and now I am having to totally re-think my ideas. And looking at the next three days forecast for the Stafford area, it is rain, rain and then sleet.............no!! Just when I was getting my winter attire out of the wardrobe and into the dark recesses of my storage boxes, I am having to haul it all out again...........shame! So, what goes into the suitcase regarding clothing will be the last I put in...and if all else fails, then they do have shops in England, don't they?..... :-)
My car has gone for its MOT (APK) this morning so fingers crossed there is nothing wrong this year. Phoebe is going to have to last me many more years to come!! I took her for a clean on Saturday as my father always insisted that a clean car gets a better service and this is a small way I can honour his memory. He was so particular about cars!! She does deserve a thorough going over inside but that has to wait. I am hoping to get her back this afternoon before Peter has to go on a visit, otherwise I am grounded all day! Yikes!
On the Apple Tart front, Tim made his yesterday and we are planning to take it over to Loes's this evening for the exchange, and tomorrow he will take a slice from each to school for his teacher to decide which tastes the best!! Tim was on form when we did the shopping for it, and he used his own idea regarding the sugar he chose etc and that made me happy. It means he is thinking about how to adapt recipes to suit himself, thereby moving into a new phase in his learning process. We all know that when we learn something new, we follow instructions to the letter, but as we move through to being an 'expert' we are able to deviate and add or take away or totally revamp something because we are confident that the basics stay the same and it will work. So this third version is so much better than his first attempt, and his pastry worked better and he was quicker at it and it looks fantastic. I will add a photo later on. He has also got an order for his Chocolate Caramel Shortbread so maybe we can go into Home Baking soon!!!!!
Sue xx

No comments: