Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Tim's college intake etc

Tim went for his intake interview at the college yesterday and it went very well. I think he was pleasantly surprised by how relaxed it all was and how confident he felt about being there in September. He has got a provisional place on the Patisserie Chef course / "Banket bakker" until he passes his diploma, and then we go again to get all his gear and book list etc. He was happy to hear that he probably won't have to take the English lessons as they are looking at competencies nowadays, and being bi-lingual he should be way above the level needed at school, and therefore exempt from the lessons!! Yippee, thinks Tim, finally it all makes sense! We had taken all his report and his portfolio with us but it wasn't needed at this stage which had we known, would have saved me 5 euros and a lot of stress that morning! But actually we need to see it as more positive in that Tim made the most delicious chocolate caramel shortbread which needs to be eaten up very quickly as it has temptation written all over it for me!!!! And I do so love it!! He is taking a slice for his teacher to taste, as it really is very, very good. Me, I have got my diet book now - came in the post yesterday - so sat and read all that last night, and started following it this morning. It all makes perfect sense of course - nothing new or things I didn't know, but I do find it a practical and sensible read, and written by someone who you feel really knows what it is like to have to lose weight herself! So many diets are written by skinny minny's who never have to think about it, and so this appeals to me more. I need to buy some scales next, and then I am all set! I want to keep pace with you!!!
Sue xx

No comments: