Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 18 March 2010

Chocolate Caramel Shortcake

Here is Tim's delicious cake that I am having trouble trying to forget is in the fridge!!! Nearly all gone which is good, but oh how I want a slice!!! One thing that keeps me in line is that Anna says that if one gives in to temptation you are not seriously ready to diet, so I am using this as my mantra whenever I think about something naughty to eat, and that helps. Really!! He took some slices to school yesterday and ate a fair bit himself so my guess is that it will all be gone before the end of today. This morning I made some scrambled eggs but just couldn't eat them. Since I once went on the Atkins Diet my digestion rebels at the sight of an egg sometimes and I simply can't swallow them in any shape or form! I guess it is a question of 'an egg too far' !!!!
I can hard boil one in a salad and I can sometimes manage an omelette but then again not. I was talking to someone who is following Atkins and doing amazingly well on it, because she loves eating all that protein meat etc. I think that is also so important; you have to do what suits you best, regardless of fads and what others are doing around you. I am waiting for those scales to arrive today and the horrible truth to be revealed...............
So Ineke tells me that there is a Kinky Kapper in Alkmaar!!! And she has been to hers again this week which I think is great. I am going to think about that for post-dieted me!!!! Maybe when I am a different shape and feel differently that ought to be my treat to me??
Well, the garden is beckoning me and I need a mood-life this morning as I am struggling with a few things this week. I am loving the new BOYZONE album BROTHER, so that is something nice in my ears as I work!! Oh, and I became the new secretary of our choir last night!! No-one else volunteered so muggins here felt she had to. We needed to share out the jobs more so this is fair enough. We are down to 19 members which is terrible but we did get a super dollop of cash from the council subsidy which we were totally not expecting anymore which has saved our bacon this time around. 4 new people are coming next week to see whether they want to join or not, but our last man standing has finally thrown the towel in and is stopping at the end of this month. If we get more men in the future he will come back which is something at least. He has a lovely voice too!!
Oh, Finka has found a new place to hide when she feels threatened or insecure about meeting someone new! I searched high and low for her this morning when Sara was here, but couldn't find her in any of her known hiding places. Then quite by chance I spotted two bat ears peeking out over the ridge of the wall cupboards in the kitchen. She had climbed right up onto the top and was lying down hiding from our sight!! She eventually came down when we were sitting still, but it was so funny to see her just playing hide and seek with us!!
Sue xx

No comments: