Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 21 March 2010

Sunday sunshine

Oh boy, it was really difficult getting through yesterday without falling into temptation! But I managed it so I feel very proud of myself! And the scales arrived ......and I stood on them this morning.......and actually I weigh less than I feared! Still far from good but I think that I must have lost about 2kilos already as that is where I thought I would be on them, and my jacket meets closer across my chest now, and my face is looking slimmer, SO! It is working, hurray!!! I have to lose 7kilos for me to fit some of the clothes I am longing to get back into for spring, so that is my first target. I know how much will make the difference because that is what I weighed last time I got into them and felt good. And if I get another 2 off before Easter - maybe three if I am very good, that will also make me feel better and fitter and more energetic and sit more comfortably on the plane!!!!
I have a good hour on skype yesterday with my best mate Peter, and he told me, Becci, that the trains are threatening a strike over Easter so we might have to re-think our travel to Manchester unfortunately. What a shame that they always pick peoples bright spots to highlight their own wants?! British Airways are currently doing the same and it is so disappointing for all their passengers as once again their plans are ruined. I understand that it is an effective means to a end, but it is costly to so many others and there ought to be a better way to negotiate than this!
So what do I have to look forward to today?!!! A run out to the supermarket probably as Finka is turning her nose up at the tuna and prawns kitten food I bought for her yesterday! I threw some of the dry food over it and she picked that out no problem, but the tuna was gobbled up by Genghis faster than a McDonalds burger!!!! We do have one super that is open on Sundays but one has to drive over there so I am waiting for a lift....it is looking better weather than I expected but of course that can all change before the morning is over.
And the rest of the day will pass in the usual manner although when Tim gets home we are trialling the apple tart again as next Sunday we have to produce the competition version!!! Tim is still refusing to include any ingredients he doesn't like himself, which sort of limits what he can add, but I think he has to go with his own ideas and we will see what he thinks of Loes's when he tastes hers. I am going to the school benefit dinner this week with Loes, Ann and Harry so looking forward to that too. But now I guess it is time to go downstairs and see what my feline friends are up to, and start the small amount of ironing that awaits me; what fun!!!
Sue xx

No comments: