Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 20 March 2010

Saturday morning

Well I have been to the hairdressers this morning and feel quite a bit 'lighter' for it!! It's amazing how much hair needed to be cut off from the bottom and to thin my very thick hair on the top!! But it resembles ( vaguely) the photo I took with me, and I know it will settle down once I wash it myself tomorrow so not too bad overall. I have been traumatized by hairdressers in the past and tend to watch every snip they make, due to the fact that when I was about eight, I had very long hair indeed and could even sit on it, which I had grown especially to be like another older girl who travelled to school in the same mini-bus as I did, and then I was asked to be a bridesmaid a couple of years later, and my mother had it all cut off and false curls put in!!! I looked liked Goldilocks and hated it!! I was so unprepared for it that I have never forgotten the horror of looking in the mirror and seeing the result. So now I am careful, very careful!!! It will look so much better once there is a colour in it in ten days time. Now the only question is 'what colour shall I have?'..............
The rain persists here relentlessly so that one opportunity to get into the garden was well taken. So much more to do, especially the pruning but it is going to have to wait.
I am making soup. It is in my book so I can eat as much as I like of it and since I do feel kinda hungry this morning, I am looking forward to lunchtime folks!! I have a skype date with my best friend at one o'clock so that is also making me clockwatch a little.
I am delighted to have discovered that there are more books in the series Anna and I read/share, about the Ladies Detective Agency. I spotted them on Amazon this week and wanted them for her and I immediately!! Have you read any of them? I can really recommend that you do. There was a BBC series a couple of years ago which was lovely, but the books allow you to imagine the characters as you want them to be, and I find that more enchanting. I also saw so many other books I coverted........in my new home I just have to have a huge bookcase somewhere!!! I can go without many other things in this life, but books and music are too important to me to go without. I have always wanted a library in my home but that is not possible to date - who knows, one day it might happen??? - so I think masses of wall to wall bookcases is the only solution! Wouldn't that be so wonderful?....I can see it right before my eyes.
Now, what's next on my agenda today?..............
Sue xx

No comments: