Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 18 March 2010

Sunny day

Finally I have spent a couple of hours in the garden clearing all the deadwood and leaves etc that was hanging around in the borders. Still the pond area and the back tiny border to clip and sort out but that can wait. The area where I enjoy sitting and sunning myself is now tidied!! Finka was gazing longingly outside from her perch on the windowsill, especially when both Genghis and I were out there but she is still too little to be trusted. I take her out in my arms so that she gets a whiff of fresh air and the scents around the house, but she needs a collar and bell and a tag and a harness and lead BEFORE we take the next step to freedom!! She is such a timid cat that I think she will just follow Genghis where ever he goes, so through the hedges to next door and around the street, but there is a huge dog living opposite us that could eat her on one go!!! and that would be tragic to say the least! But if we want to sit outside with the door open she is going to have to take her chance and have 'the talk' soon. This is where I explain to her that she is well loved and cherished by us here and that she has an extremely good life and would be very foolish to run away or cross the road or fall in the water etc. It has worked with our other cats so far, so I will give it a go with Finka too!!
It felt good to have tidied up the area of soil over Xander's grave. I know that there are flowers growing there already but at the moment it looks so bare so I have to decide what can be planted there in his memory. Some Tulips would be ideal as they were his favourite but I think it needs to be a green shrub that is there all year round. Maybe a ................?any ideas?
Back to the books I guess!!
Sue xx

No comments: