Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 11 March 2010

A new day has dawned

"Oh, to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England - now!" Robert Browning. Not the full poem and not quite April yet, but I woke up this morning and the sky was light blue and small grey clouds were gently floating by my window giving a hint of a beautiful day ahead. It feels like Spring!!! And I started thinking about what I miss about home, and the woodlands and the bluebells and the wild garlic along the lanes in Dorset and it made me think of this particular poem. I am so happy to be going there at Easter!!! I love this time of year and can't wait to fly over the country and look down on the fields and the hills again. Not too long to wait now so that is my comfort. My day looks rather like a domestic one. Jobs to do, starting with the washing and then the floor downstairs and maybe the windows outside if they are lucky! I hate that job!! If it warms up enough to sit outside I plan on doing that too. I am still debating whether or not to buy a small tree - the catkins look so pretty right now, and keep seeing them around the place and fancying one....I need to tidy up the area over Xander too, as the soil is a mess still and the plants around it all got disturbed and need replacing; there is enough to do! But first I am going to take a leisurely time in the shower and drink my delicious tea and start the day having gotten out of bed on the right side and feeling cheery! Sue xx

No comments: