Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 21 September 2010

It's a small world, after all

Today is 21 September and Internet for Peace Day. Hence the video. Living in a small rural community here in the Netherlands, one is still aware of the diversity of cultures and peoples living near to one another. Take us for example, within our street there are English, Dutch, Italian, Irakian and Polish households to name the few I am aware of, and I am sure there are probably more, all going about the same daily routines as one another, peacefully and without tension. If only that were global!! So for my part, I will continue to be a peace-maker and do my best to live in harmony with my neighbours and do what I can to make my own small corner of this world a tranquil and pleasant place to be. We all have a story to tell, reasons why we are here in this village, living the lives that we do, some simple, some complicated, but all worthy of our respect and tolerance. It's a small world, after all.
Sue xx

No comments: