Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Another chapter closes as another one opens

I have been to the solicitors this morning to sign the last documents around our divorce and I can truly say that it did not make me feel much at all. Well, maybe relief, I suppose that would be true. We sat there, side by side, and signed on the dotted line and hey presto, another chapter closed in my life. (Where would it  take me up to in my book?!! All this soul searching and home-sickness usually leads to me picking up where I last left off, as I write so much better when I am in this kind of emotional turmoil). However, I am going to save that for a while as I have other pressing matters to attend to!

Tim started his college course this morning - leaving everything to the last second as usual!! 'Where are my things, mum', at ten past nine...........the train was going at 09.35!!! He was nervous but didn't want to show it, but like any mum, you know your children inside out and back to front so his moods are clear to me whether he admits to them or not. He didn't sleep too well so that never helps of course, and tonight he will be wanting to tell his girlfriend all about it; I'll be lucky to even get a grunt out of him!!! So school is officially behind our lad and he is a student now, embarking on his choice of career, and following his chosen path. Good luck Tim!!!


"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." 
W.B. Yeats.

Becci reminded me of this beautiful verse when we spoke at the weekend. We all have our dreams and since Tim is starting out on his today, and Becci has just begun her new job and I am about to start out on a new direction myself, I decided to place it here. It is also about daring to share one's dreams or secret desires, of allowing oneself to be seen to be vulnerable and open to another, and risking all by doing so. (Back to me being not that brave)!!! Doesn't bad weather just make you want to curl up in front of the fire, with some brandy and candles, and soft music and a great book? But not alone!!!! :0
Sue xx

No comments: