Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 15 January 2011

Hard work

I have finally finished the wallpaper stripping and I am exhausted! The last small part took the longest as it was the most difficult to remove, and I ache all over. Wish we had a bath here!! Now all I have to do is work out how to fill the holes and the sides...............not sure I know what I am doing but I have to try. My hands are all sore and feel terrible, broken nails, rough skin.........ach, I wasn't born for hard labour!!! ;-)
But I persevered and I am glad I did because it had to be done before the end of this weekend. I wonder when it will get re-papered? And painted?...................guess I am going to be busy for some time to come!
I'm thinking that it will take the whole of this year before the house will really be looking as we want it to. Already I can feel my thoughts turning to the garden, and what to do outside to make it more cosy and green. I am making notes!! Lots of lists and ideas and thoughts and sketches - maybe none of it will come to fruition but at least I am getting the enjoyment out of thinking through my ideas.
Well, I am very, very tired this evening so am going to make a hot coffee and watch some television and make it an early night.
Sue xx

No comments: