Les Mis Trailer

Friday 13 August 2010

Where is a man when you need one?!

Grr...it just doesn't come naturally to me to wait for things I have got in my head that need doing instantly! And it is not really our fault, it is just that we are not yet handy enough to be independent of a man. Grr!!!

I bought some blinds for our kitchen 'cos Karwei had got a stickers week so I could get a good discount etc. Tim started with the smallest one - but then he couldn't work out how to get the screws into the window surround and I didn't want to risk a mistake. So, everything back in the box until someone comes along who DOES know what he is doing!! And I bought the perfect hanging thingy for my what-nots in the kitchen..........Tim tried to screw into the wall and all the plaster fell out!! Obviously we were not doing the right thing; but what IS the right thing to do?!!!! So tiresome being a DIY disaster female!! I don't want Tim to feel that I don't trust him to do what he says is the right thing to do, but he is only young and has no experience in these things as yet and I cannot advise or show him the right way, so here we sit, without any blinds or wall thingy and a sad look on our faces!
We do both have internet though - hurray!!! I bought the 'hub' whatever that is, and Tim has put the wires around the rooms and connected it and despite it saying on mine that I am not connected to the router ( whatever that is), we are both using it at the same time, so who cares???

Yes, Ineke, Miranda is good telly. I watched the first series last year on BBC2 and it was very funny. I love that sort of humour. I saw it was now being shown here but have not watched them again as yet. It is typically British I think, that we can have a sitcom with so few people in it and yet get so much laughter out of the script. My other favourite has to be Two and a Half Men - great comedy. It is apparent that the autumn is approaching because the various senders are all advertising their new series - Grey's is starting soon, and others are ending. Apparently there is a new series of Ugly Betty about to start in the UK too; also very good to watch. But what will the BBC have turned into a series for us costume drama lovers I wonder? I do so love a good Austen, but Dickens is not my thing at all. What about Hardy for a change? Fantastic locations and wonderful storylines, there's a though chaps?

I am in organising mode; can tell I live alone now!! I need something to look forward to and have decided on a long weekend next spring.
Destination: check.
Fellow travellers: check. Places still available.
Date: 2011, spring.
Plan: check.
I do so love organising!! :-)

Tomorrow Hillie and I are hitting Amersfoort for the day so I am looking forward to a day of relaxed 'shop 'n chat' with my friend. But first I need to tackle the ironing mountain from last week and then sit a while and just 'chill'. You too?
Sue xx

No comments: