Les Mis Trailer

Monday 9 August 2010

When your brother wants to be a patisserie chef......


Found these photos on Becci's facebook - now I know why I have not heard from my children! They are busy in the kitchen baking millions of cupcakes!!! Look great with colours and sprinkles and smarties and flowers - I suppose Tim has fallen in love with English cooking ingredients and fancy bits and doesn't want to come home?!.....who were you going to find to eat them all is what I want to know?!!! Me! Me! Actually it is kinda funny because today we were baking small cakes for the 'broodjeszak" in Schagen,  and I decided to add some butter cream to them and turn them into butterfly cakes which the clients ate faster than I could imagine! So we were busy with the same things, kids; must run the the family genes, eh?
Sue xx

2 comments:

Double Dutch said...

Oh yum yum and me on a diet too :(

Hallo its me aagain Jodie, I originaaly came from Manchester and have lived in and around the south of the city most of my life. I did do a year or two in Liverpool at uni and my family all now live in Nantwich in Cheshire. My husband is Dutch which I find is the most common reason people come over here. I found it hard here in the bgining being 32 at the time..........old dog new tricks maybe but now I am more in the swing of things although i cannot claim to be 100 % fluent in Dutch especially written. My spoken is acceptable I think, I hope.
I miss Britain though....hugely more than I thought I would but no for the reasons I thought I would. I miss the food and that very feeling of being on automatic with everything to do with daily life.

II have 5 cats myself so I know how it is when you move house with them.

Yes I am a bit on the creative side and it sometimes takes over my life.

anyhow hope you're settling in nicely and get a holiday sometime soon.

Jodie

Suzanne said...

Hey, I am a Mancunian too!!!! Well, to be honest I was born in Cheadle Hulme because the nursing home happened to be there but we lived in Peel Hall right by the then Ringway Airport - now Manchester! Then when I was 4 we moved to Yorkshire but I have a lot of family in Shropshire and Cheshire still. My Dutch is ok too - I write what I think is correct and hope it is good enough but I have not had any lessons, just picked it up as I went along. My background is Health being an Occupational Therapist and then a Health and Social Services Manager for the last years before we moved here.
Hard to get used to losing one's career I found but I am going to re-train this autumn and try and find some new possibilities to earn money now I am divorced..................keep in touch!