Les Mis Trailer

Friday 27 August 2010

Take a deep breath Suzanne!!!

.......and tighten the old seatbelt, it's going to get a little bumpy!!
Phew, life is sometimes harder than we would like it to be, and right now I am struggling with a couple of things that have happened that just manage to take the edge off my  feeling of independence. So September is going to have to be a slow kind of month with nothing going on outside the essentials and then some of the things I had hoped to do will just be put on the back burner for another time and I have to get used to that idea - fast!
Isn't it frustrating when you worry about something and then find out the answer is so simple if you only knew where to look? I noticed my car had a light that was not working today and it is illegal to ride around without it working so I checked into Kwikfit after work and asked them to replace it for me. It turned out that there was just a loose wire and nothing wrong with my bulb at all! So no cost madam. I also got some screen clean thrown in after I booked the car in for a service which it desperately needs as I can hear the poor dear struggling every time I get into her. And having done that I realised that my intended day in Den Haag would not be possible after all, despite it being the start of my course and interesting to attend. It is swings and roundabouts time folks!!! Robbing Peter to pay Paul and all those old sayings........but I need to just accept that this is the way it is from now on, and deal with it. It will all serve to make me a better person in the end and on a scale of life-threatening situations I don't qualify for sympathy at all, so making all things relative, I cannot complain. Isn't this the reason I needed to read my book " Buddism for sheep"?!!!!
Creative thinking - that is my plan for the weekend; how to make what I have work for me. May require a little bit of tweaking but I know that if I put my mind to it, I can turn items I already own into ones that I can use here for other purposes. Think kitchen. I need more room for my small items such as the spices etc. and years and years ago I bought two small MDF ( yes, that long ago! ) fake pine wall cupboards that have served various purposes over the years. My idea is to paint them with left over paint in the shed, and then use them for the spices etc instead of buying anything else. They may not be beautiful or anyone else's idea of storage but I have them sitting up in the attic and that is a shame. And I have decided to sell my new and unused keyboard which breaks my heart but cannot be avoided my dears. I am sure that there is someone out there who would love to buy it from me with all its accessories etc so we are destined to part. It was my 50th birthday present and I started lessons but I cannot continue with them so it makes no sense to hang on to it for sentimental reasons. I am reconciled to its loss so I am not suffering...........................
right! My tummy is rumbling and I fancy something to eat! And then a quiet TV evening to end a busy week, and prepare me for another full one next week as well. The weather doesn't promise much for the weekend so 'chores indoors always score'!
Sue xx

No comments: