Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 26 August 2010

At peace with myself again.

Through wind and rain.........and a very busy A7!!! But I beat you to it by say 1 minute............and it was worth every second thereafter!!
What a terrible day for weather - not just for ducks but I think walruses would have found it challenging as well!! No-one went out from work to do the shopping or anything else for that matter and it was a question of using up what we had for the day, hoping that tomorrow will be finer and dryer.
Phew, the oven is finally connected and Tim and I had oven- ready food for our dinner, yea! I was home later than usual so it was great that it was quick and easy as he was hungry. Still had to clean up first though, as the electrician had made a lot of dust etc. And our neighbours are still insisting on having their bonfires and the smoke gets into the back of my throat and I feel my lungs seizing which I can tell you is most unpleasant!! Not great for an asthmatic, right?! So right now I am struggling with my breathing and have decided to come upstairs and do some blogging before I settle down for the night. I am hoping for a better one than yesterdays as I was awake at 3am this morning and only fell into a deep dream state between 4 and 5.30am........so I was tired all day.
I am reading one of my course books, by Julie Starr, which I think is good. Easy to follow and with enough advice to have me asking for support, feedback and practice, as I really do acknowledge my own limitations ( some, but you will point out the rest, agreed?) and have an inkling where I might have difficulty changing habits of a lifetime!! But I'm not bossy, right, or manipulative in an unpleasant way, or dedicated to getting my own way on matters of vision and interior design?!!!! I can take other ideas into consideration and am willing to mull them over and try them out before making a decision......the point being learning to do this collaboratively of course!! I see the point and will adapt.( I suppose I am secretly enjoying this)! All in the name of self-enlightenment, coach!!!
This weekend I am going to start in the snuggery - or my study/hobby room as it is going to metamorphose into eventually. I will stand in there and mull; step one. Then I will recall what we talked about; step two. Then I will clear away what we don't need at the moment and write a list of what we actually need to have in there, what we already have and what I can do to improve the look of it on the cheap!!  Hey presto, by the end of the next two weeks I hope it will be all sorted and done. The introduction day to my course is 11 September so that is my first deadline, and after that it is all systems go for the old grey matter! Have I got the stamina to study again after all these years? What am I hoping to gain from putting myself out there and testing my ability to learn more and do something with what  I do discover? All those years of reflective practice were obviously going to come in handy, and that day has arrived my friend. I know all about journals and reflection and how to think like Leonardo......bet that is one book you have not read? Or maybe you don't need to...........digging out and dusting off the covers of all my old management books and psychology tomes is good therapy for me. A pig in clover as someone would say, but a pig in paint is my first port of call this weekend!
'we are such stuff as dreams are made of".........what a beautiful way to say goodnight.
Sue xx

No comments: