Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 25 August 2010

is it just me or are you also thinking about..........

Christmas?!!!! I know its crazy but I am having thoughts about Christmas already and at work it seems I am not the only one; our senior was also getting the vibes! But then again he has an English brother-in-law so he is used to going for the traditional dinner with all the trimmings etc. and being part of our celebrations. Really it is just that I love to plan and think; think and plan, and my wish list on Amazon is growing longer and longer by the week! Mostly it consists of really ancient old films that I used to adore watching with my father after Sunday lunch, when my mother was asleep and my sister doing something else. I was banned from all Lassie films though - that was the absolute top forbidden film for me as my father couldn't cope with the sobbing. I still remember him collecting me and a friend from the cinema having been to see 'Love Story"; I think it was the very last time he ever agreed to do that!!! But they were all such wonderful classics and I am tempted to ask for some of them this year just so I can sit and sob all over again! Not that I have a DVD player - minor issue - I just enjoy thinking about the films and what I remember of them, the highlights, for example in Love is a Many Splendored Thing with William Holden I can recall a scene with a tree on a hill and then the song gets played..........magical! Becci and I could spend days watching these old movies together and never move from the settee. She bought me 'The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" the other year which I am convinced has been cut as there are scenes I remember from years ago that are no longer included which is a shame cos they miss the point about her relationship with the Mandarin. One film NOT on my list is the one about the seal that has not name that can be mentioned here as that would tempt someone to buy it for me and reduce me to a total wreck and which I loved and hated at the same time!! It probably would have been up there on the banned list along with Lassie and all other films about animals that I simply cannot bear to watch!
So back to Christmas!!!
Sue xx

No comments: