Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 7 February 2010

Rested.

I actually slept really well last night and woke up thinking of lovely things to do on a Sunday morning!! Instead I got up and fed the cats, retrieving several kitchen items that Finka had strewn around the floor first, and am now listening to the sound of the washing machine vibrating in the garage below me. I swear my family have saved up washing from last year, and at the same time decided to throw it my way for washing! I hate it when it has piled up! But the weather outside is dull, the boys are off to see their girlfriends and I have all the time in the world to get it done.
We are learning Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen in the choir. Just having highlighted the tenor part ( which I now sing) on ten pages, it is on my mind. It is going to sound amazing. There is something magical about a great piece of music, and even though we are just starting to learn it, very slowly, one knows that it has the potential to give you goosebumps. We may only have 2 bass, 3 lady tenors, and a smattering of alto's and soprano's but we are going to try our best to make it work. Sadly there seems to be quite a few people leaving the choir at the moment, which is knocking our numbers down below a level we can afford. So if you live in our area, and love to sing or just want to try it for a change, come along on Thursdays to the Nieuwe Doelen in Enkhuizen at 7.30pm. We would give you a good welcome!!!! I am looking up some new songs to present to the choir this week so that we can vote to increase our repertoire for the music festival in June. I am glad about this because I feel the need to learn new pieces at the same time as improving our old ones, or else I get rather bored! What I am enjoying is having a director who likes to get it right at the beginning, and who knows what he is doing. So bravo, Filip, so far, so good!!!
Ok, my tea is cold and I reckon my towel is sufficiently warmed up for me to take a shower next. Otherwise I will be in the queue behind two teenage boys preparing to see their girlfriends this morning, and I will never get in the bathroom! Who says girls take the longest????
Sue xx

No comments: