Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Two sides of one coin

It is fairly safe to say that I am an idealist. I see the world through rose-coloured spectacles for the majority of my time, and I would describe myself as innocent and naive when it comes to the less desirable side of life. There are so many things that happen in our world that I cannot even begin to imagine, but then again there is also so much beauty and wonderment, and that creates the balance surely?
I am happy having only one foot on the ground!!! To float a little, to dare to dream, to give flight to my imagination and to simply be able to believe in the magic is so precious a gift to my imagination that it thrills and delights me over and over again. I like to try to just think about writers such as Tolkien and Barrie and understand how all that wonderful storytelling could possibly be in their heads!? Imagine being able to write like that, or have the necessary vision to make a movie like Gone with the Wind? Look at the genius of songwriters like Elton John or Phil Collins, and wonder at how they just sit down and write a song in the shortest of hours........
No, in all the saddest, most poor, most violent, terrible situations man has created, there has always been that little thing called hope, and I need to hold onto that hope because it means we are good and kind and unselfish and loving beings, and I need to believe that of everyone. I am ok with you being my other foot.
Sue xx

No comments: