Les Mis Trailer

Friday 29 February 2008

More everyday newsy bits.

I have had a super birthday day out in Haarlem! The weather was perfect and we gently meandered around the city centre taking in the sights! We went in to the huge church to listen to the organ playing but only briefly as it was almost closing time. We got a CD anyway, with my favourite piece on - THE WIDOR TOCCATA. It is a triumphant and ringing piece that I have also chosen for my funeral, as everyone leaves the church. This is in keeping with my 'no black, I want this to reflect my life' service that I have got ready to go ( hopefully not for many years yet!!). It is a long story which I don't want to go into here, but I have strong feelings about what I want my friends and family to remember about me, and this needs to be told for the last time, in the way I have imagined and planned. Enough said!! I received 4 gorgeous necklaces for my birthday; Peters and one from Ann in Poland, and 2 others which I chose myself. So I have one for every occasion now! I also got a great bag by TULA from Clare today in the mail, which was one I chose when I saw hers last year. It is ideal for a day out, being small enough for all the essentials, and easily hidden under a coat etc, or for riding my bike etc. I love it! Great colours too - very 'in' this season it seems. Lots of flowers and a wonderful huge dish with olives decorated on it from Loes, and a garden centre voucher, and finally the new JAMES BLUNT CD from Tim, which is SUPERB. I love it! Especially tracks 4 and 5....great music. If I were a technically minded soul I would add it to the blog like so many others do, but I have no idea how!!! Anyway, it is now the no. 1 favourite scrapping CD in this house!!! Last night was also the grand final of MASTERCHEF which we have faithfully followed for several years now. JAMES NATHAN won it this year, and deservedly so, although Iam sure Jonny and Emily will go on to great things as well. A good series every year in my mind. And I am still loving Lark Rise to Candleford every Sunday. Way to go BBC!!!!! I adore all that stuff anyway and sit religiously to watch any costume drama that I can find. 'The other Boyleyn Girl' looks mighty tempting too......................I have to give Becci some ideas for my present from Amazon.co.uk so I am going to see what I can find there now and tell her this evening. Too little time, too much choice maybe...once I start looking that is........................... final word: my 85 year old friend Doris told me in her birthday card to me that " I think I have a toyboy, he is 10 years younger than me'!!! How great to be so alive at that ripe age!!!!!

No comments: