Les Mis Trailer

Monday 11 February 2008

Good morning world!

Another Monday starts with a chill in the air, James Blunt on Sky Radio and the guy to service our boiler - and it is just turned 8am!!! Been up for a while of course, but this is the first chance I have had to sit at the computer and say Hello. What I have already decided today is that I am going to use the small album I bought in a sale, as a design book so that I can save all the sketches I make for cards etc. I think they work for Layouts as well, so it will be interesting. I will alter the front cover and make the sketches and hey presto! a handy little 'aide du memoire'! Here is the find I bought at the garden centre friday: It was just a white plant rack which I saw for a few euros only, and I thought, perfect for my pots! But these pots are full of flowers and buttons etc and now in handy reach from my desk! Amienke brings us these pots which she can get a hold off .....don't ask where, just know they are FABULOUS for storage and travelling. I have never been so organised! Anyway I have just painted it in two making memories paintcolours, added a rub-on, some large brads through the chicken wire and small knots of spring-like ribbons. Peter hung it yesterday and it is super. I added the frilly ribbon too for a bit of fun! I used tacks to ensure it would stay in place after having stuck it on. Should I get some more I wonder?..... Wonderful as a letter rack; kitchen storage if you like vintage/shabby chic/country-style; paper pieces; scissors; glue dots...yes, I think the answer probably is! Actually I also added a sticker once it was up but by then I had taken the photo so sorry! It reads LOVE LAUGH LIFE or something like that! I also bought a sheep with that on it from the garden centre and have got Shaun the sheep ( get it 'shorn sheep' = Shaun the name, from Wallace and Gromit, always tickled me that play on word sounds) in my room. I tend to find space for all the various presents and wacky gifts I receive from my friends in my room as I like to feel surrounded by them even when I don't see them very often. It adds to the lovely feel of my personal space in our house....wonder what Peters would look like if he had one too?...............how many electronic items and remotes can one man get in a room?!!!!! Having said that I am always happy when he has made beautiful photos and I can use them, or a video of the kids etc so I hope he gets the room one day. He is as happy as a sandboy at the moment because Becci gave him the DVD of Ewan Mcgregors round the world motorbike trip for Christmas and we have now succeeded in watching it all the way through!! It is a great trip and a real live journal, which he and his best friend made in 2004. It has rekindled Peters desire to own a motorbike again....thought it would.........and ride the open road!!! The DVD is called 'The Long Way Round" by the way. As Ewan says in the film it is essentially two blokes on their bikes enjoying themselves, but it gives a wonderful insight into the sameness of mankind all around the world - the generosity extended to them and the kindness of people even when they had absolutely nothing. You see the hardships they faced but also their sadness when it was almost over and the fact that this megatrip was coming to an end. What they were going to do once they got home..................and the joke to turn around and ride back to London! If you like motorbikes, buy it and savour their adventure for yourselves. And now to other things like getting the shopping in! The sun is shining and God is in his heaven; all is right with the world. I think that is how the saying goes.

No comments: