Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 27 February 2008

3 more little beauties!!!

As you see, I have got the card-making bug right now! I am not doing much scrapping but mainly due to a lack of photos rather than inspiration. I am looking forward to my DT package from Chantal at Scrapfever this week with the new Dream Street papers in, and hopefully also one with the new Basic Grey once it arrives - yippee!! And with going to HAARLEM tomorrow with Peter, for my birthday, I am sure there is a photo opportunity in the offing! Pete really surprised me last night when he came home from England. He had bought me a birthday present!! A very pretty necklace with a teeny tiny diamond set in a gold heart inside a little silver and glass circle. Thank goodness for shops at ariports!!!!!! It is really my style which is amazing as he is usually at a loss to know exactly what my taste will be, so I am suitably impressed! Still waiting for my other necklace to arrive from the states though...that is more of an everyday one, and this is more special but for now I will wear it all the time, darling! xxxxx I am so relaxed! I think it is that I really love being creative and what I have found from scrapping and card-making is a great outlet for what is in my head. I have always painted and drawn since I was little; my mother used to pack my suitcase when I went to my grandmas etc, and in the bottom there was always crayons and a sketchbook. I took art at school and my teacher - Mr. Croucher - used to try his best to persuade me to go to artschool in Canterbury, but without success. Sorry sir!!! I felt that I was good enough for graphics but I suppose not for a real career or to earn a living doing it, so I stuck with the Occupational Therapy which also involved plenty of creative work especially since I was keen to do psychiatry anyway. So it is a life-long passion and activity that has been passed on to me by my creative genes - my mother and aunt have always been ace in making all kinds of things. Mum would make the christmas decorations straight out of the BLUE PETER programme, tinsel and glitter and 'stickyback paper' galore!!!! My aunt make incredible cakes, with icing that was life-like; beyond description, you had to see it to appreciate her skill and patience. My mother has made lace, spun, crotcheted, knit, gardened, all kinds of things, but now she is into crosswords!!! Ah well, I remember it all so well.............................

No comments: