Les Mis Trailer

Monday 25 February 2008

New cards with new stamps!!

These are 3 cards I have made over the weekend with the new stamps from Happy Stampers. I have got one more but something went wrong with the uploading so that is still to appear! I love these mice. They are so cute and using the terpentine technique and my Derwent crayons relatively easy to colour in etc. The correspondence cards make ideal white card for the stamps, and I buy mine from the Bruna for 1,75euro so for 50 cards it is ok. And the papers I bought on Friday so yes, used immediately! I am so happy with the lovely colours especially green and blue which are my current favourites. I know there is housework to do BUT! this is much more fun!!
The mice stamps are Penny Black by the way..I am going to make a lot of stamped images ready for the card day at the end of March so that I have got plenty to swop for others. I am looking for the MAGNOLIA HOUSE stamp if anyone can send me 2 images please???? I have got 2 friends moving house this week and want to make cards with the house on them. I can send some stamped cards by return of course.
I was reading Ali edwards blog yesterday and it seems we are all in the mood for a 'spring clean' in our scraprooms. Like Ali I am busy sorting out old layouts and deciding what I want to keep etc and what I am missing re. persons and topics. What I notice is that I make a lot of examples for the workshops and not enough about my family. The cats are heavily featured but my 14 year old son refuses to be photographed and my daughter I only see every so often as she is studying in England, and my DH doesn't do a lot that I can call interesting to photograph!!! That sounds bad but he is always working or away so the best times to snap him are in the summer or on holiday and we haven't had one for a while now...............ah!! (last year)....but maybe with the kitchen there will be chances to take more of him in action! I am not very good at all, about scrapping myself, like so many of us scrappers we are quite anonymous, and that ought to change. I am making a little scrapbook about my diet but that is secret at the moment (hush, hush). So there it is: I need to get out and about and take more photos and try to improve my techniques with my Lumix camera. It takes great photos but I am not very adept at getting the best out of it I am afraid. Maybe I need to take a course this year.........................

No comments: