Les Mis Trailer

Friday 8 February 2008

trying something new.

I came across a blog where someone had made a card using a transparent sheet, and I thought; 'that looks innovative, I'll have a go too'! So this is my first attempt at it which is ok, 'cos you learn as you go. I used a sheet of perfect Basic Grey and added a rub-on to the transparency. I was worried that it would be too flexible for a card but it is actually great. I used double-sided tape to adher it to the cardstock but I also added the ribbon to ensure that it stayed neatly folded along the edge. This really helped. I then did a bit more to the paper and added a button with the greeting on two tiny tags, and that was it! It is a very quick and effective way of making a greetings card, wouldn't you agree?!
And my second new thing today is printing photos onto transparencies..........because my copy of Scrapbook Magazine came last night and I loved Sanderijn's layouts and her explanation was too much to resist trying for myself!! So far I have printed a photo of the kids and some text and will attempt my own thing later this evening or over the weekend. If it is lovely weather our poor neglected garden is crying out for some long overdue attention, and there is always the garage which is a constant nightmare re. rubbish and paper strewn everywhere..........and not one of us gets stuck in voluntarily to tidy it up!!! All guilty as charged sadly but it needs to be done so that we can get 'the hole' bored. Hmm...............................

No comments: