Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 10 February 2008

happy sunday

I was planning to say something completely different and then I saw that there are only another 45 to go until I reach my first 1000 visits on this blog! Thank you everyone who is stopping by and reading a little snippet or two, I really appreciate it. xxxx It is a glorious weekend here with sunny weather and a temp of 11C which is fine actually as there is no wind. My DH is already thinking about the pergola we are trying to decide on...want one or not...how big....what sort of roof....can it get the table and chairs in...do we lose the Silver Birch ....but he is a definite sun worshipper and loves sitting out in the garden with his beer and BBQ, so I think it is just a matter of WHEN we get one rather than IF. He would love a bubblebath too................but first we need the en-suite in our bedroom and a whole lot of other stuff too! We have decided on the tiles for the kitchen now. Peter was strongly for 'matt' tiles and I fell in love with the most expensive hand-made Portuguese ones natually - I can sense which are the dearest ones without having to see a price 'cos the quality is so obvious! But we took the sample to the kitchen shop and laid it next to the cupboard and worktop, and then came home and did the same with the floor tiles etc and I had to agree that the ones Peter liked best were the nicest in our house. So we are having those! They have a textured look to them, very peaceful and unobtrusive too, but we are also having some of the decor ones with little leaves etc on to sprinkle in between, and I think they will be beautiful actually. With the new blinds which are being made from material I have got as curtains from my house before we got married but which has huge sentimental value to me, I think it will be as we want it to be which is a magical thought. I have dug out the most perfect paper for that great photo of Xander and have started the LO yesterday. The BLUE is gorgeous and picks up the light that was falling on his chest perfectly. I also did a collage LO for Becci's birthday present which I am semi-happy with. I have tried the technique as Sanderijn outlined in the magazine and put my 30x30cm onto a canvas for her as she is very vintage in her taste. She will love it I know, and practise makes perfect so I will keep on trying it out! Check out this blog for more inspiration: http://www.lazarstudiowerx.typepad.com/ Christina Lazar is a fabulous artist and her transfer technique is amazing. I have also noted the RUBY DOG'S ART HOUSE in Vancouver as a possible visit when we go to Canada next year. If anyone has visited it and can tell me about it, please let me know! I am trying to make a list of great scrapstores (don't tell Peter!) so that when we plan our holiday I will know what is where and schedule a little time there!! Well, I am going to need all the paper and embellishments for the album, right?!!! Pete has bought some computer program for being making great videos so that is HIS preparation! It's a good job the cats will have to stay home as I am in danger of wanting to stay in Canada - I can fell the pull there already which is quite amazing. I see many places in the world and just have no desire or connection with them at all but for some reason, there is a link to that beautiful part of the world that I need to explore and see for myself. Who knows?......... The sun is up, my tummy is rumbling and it is time to get the day started. I have had a glorious hour to myself which I adore, and now it is time for some activity. Tim is going swimming with his classmates I believe, and maybe we will just chill out and relax in the sun, do a little gardening etc and have a restful Sunday. Hope you do too!!!!

No comments: