Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 24 February 2008

luvverly jubbley!!

I am really impressed with the speedy delivery I have had this week! I ordered the Art Specially Cards book and within one day I had received it, and also my beautiful stamps from Pauline at Happy Stampers; took 2 days which from Scotland is pretty impressive! Thanks guys! The book is so inspirational, and so many wonderful card designs in it, I have got to really sit and take it all in properly before I start trying my own ideas out. And the stamps are the ones I wanted for making my cards with - cute mice and hedgehogs from Penny Black designs etc. Pauline always includes a small gift and this time it was the pastel coloured dragonfly brads that I had thought about ordering anyway, so good guess!!! So what have I been doing? Sitting down and colouring in the stamps and making cards - yes!!!!! I also went to Simpel Scrappen in Den Helder with Amienke on Friday afternoon and got some new cardstock and papers all in spring colours etc. Whilst there we saw Tiets and decided we would go to the card-day on 29th March after all. It is the first time we have been so it is all very nerve-wracking; a day spent amongst experienced card-makers....nail-biting! There is a workshop with Tiets in the afternoon and a competition (of course) and then the shopping at Carla's. Enough good reasons to go I think, don't you?! Yesterday Hillie and Kemal were here and we went out to the D'Oude Veiling Restaurant in Zwaag. It was a sort of pre-birthday/post-birthday meal for me and Peter but we didn't mention it at the restaurant, but FIVE others had, so it was a case of singing 'Lang zal ze Leven' time after time all evening! Amazing that everyone was celebrating their birthdays in february. The place was full too, but then it is a very popular and good restaurant here in our area. I resisted as best I could and was the 'bob' so no alcohol for me (good girl), and stayed on the water all evening, and tried as best I could to stick to my eating plan. It is going slowly but surely so I am happy. And I know Loes has made wonderful food for this evening but she has also got a plate specially for me - thank you Loes!xx And that is where we are headed right now!x

No comments: