Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 2 March 2008

Aah! My husband has started the kitchen!!!

I may be many things, good and less so, BUT, the thing I detest most is MESS. And I know we need to go through this stage to achieve our new kitchen, but it is awful. I could weep!!!!! Peter, bless his cottonsocks, is a keen DIYer...................and is determined to do it all himself. Ok, that is fine but he has a very bad back so the result of even one days work, is incredible pain and discomfort and a bad nights sleep. ( is it all worth it????....get a younger trades-bloke in I say!!). I appreciate why he wants to do it, but I hate to see him suffering afterwards. But, back to the mess!!!! He has started drilling out the channels in the walls for the electricity cables etc and re-placement of our sockets. This leads to a WHITE SNOW falling on the entire ground floor of our house!!! Yes, folks, here in Holland we have open spaces downstairs so no walls or doors to enclose the dust!!! It is simply dreadful, I have no words to express my loathing of this stage of DIY. I ought to leave home for a month and come back when it is all done but then the control freak in me would not be able to check and make sure it all goes where I want it to, etc etc..........torn between a rock and a hard place 'fraid!!!! I know it is all necessary but I find it hard to keep my temper under wraps when I see all our stuff disappearing in the white haze......................and the fact that cleaning it has no point at this stage 'cos he's only going to make MORE MESS soon!!! So here I am bright and early on a Sunday morning while Peter sleeps, washing all the kitchen tools, work surfaces, and then the floor before he gets up and decides to clean the oven!!!!!! Please let it all be over soon!!!!!!! The good news, scrappers, is that I have tried out a wonderful technique I saw in a magazine so I will take some photos and show you all how to do it later! I have made a layout for the challenge "scrap in one corner or place on a 12x12inch LO" and used this idea there so I know it looks amazing!!!! Curious? Check back later today or tomorrow and I will have the stages here by then. Floor cleaning duty calls!!!

No comments: