Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 25 February 2012

Baking

has started for my birthday tea tomorrow!! Tim has made fantastic Choux Buns which we have to add cream and chocolate icing to tomorrow morning, and a whole kitchen full of delicious Cheese Butterflies (kaasvlinders) at school yesterday. They are incredibly more-ish I warn you!!! I have done the Hummingbird cake layers; made the Sharp Lemon Cheesecake and the Chocolate Caramel Shortbread this morning, as well as the Florentines. I am saving all the savouries until tomorrow morning. I am enjoying taking my time and going about things in a very calm and orderly fashion!!! So far, so good.

Its a bit chilly today but the sun is glorious and its bright and inviting outside. I went to the supermarket on the bike this morning and it was lovely. Not a strenuous ride  - just really around the block - but it was exercise, ok?! I've got a bit of a tummy ache today so not wanting to eat which is probably a good thing as tomorrow it will be hard to resist trying a little of everything. If all our guests do that, I will be satisfied.
The cycling was meant to wear me out a little as I have had a whole week of disturbed sleep, or rather lying in bed staring at the ceiling for hours on end. It happens when my mind is working overtime and there is too much happening to process during the day I guess, plus I am a head-planner (not head-banger!) in as much as I do think things through a lot before it comes to carrying them out. Along with my love of lists, it helps me to feel organised and calm. So in the spirit of keeping on top of things I suppose I ought to start the ironing!!!
Sue xx

No comments: