Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 29 October 2011

Getting ready..

to start my crochet adventure!! These are the beautiful colours I have chosen for the granny square blanket (or cushion if its difficult!) with the ergonomically designed hook I bought this morning in Hoorn. We deliberated over which size hook I needed, and in the end went for 3.75 as a compromise between 3.5 & 4!!! It is a really good wool store in Hoorn, and I was dazzled by the fantastic array of colours and wools stuffed into every available nook and cranny. They do patterns in English. I checked!
But first I need to begin at the beginning, with something easy, and only when I have succeeded with this can I consider a lovely knitting project for the winter telly season! It is very expensive I know, to hand-knit these days - but it is soothing to do, that I remember from times past. I used to knit so much! Then I sort of moved off it when I couldn't feel inspired by the wool that was around at the time. For a long time wool shops just disappeared off the face of the high street, but they have been back for a while, and I for one am glad. Now all I have to do is learn how...
Sue xx

No comments: