Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 15 October 2011

Completed cards!!


It was quite a task making so many cards to the same design but they are winging their way to Naarden as I type!! I was happy to have got them done in the timeframe I set myself, so as a reward I have been to the hobby store in Heerhugowaard this morning and invested my payment in some felt and threads so that I can have a go at making some Christmas Presents!! I want to make something out of a wonderful book I have languishing on our bookshelves:


It has so many beautiful felt designs inside and I love the one of the birds and leaves - only I am planning on giving it a colour make-over so that it fits in our house!! Then if that works . . . on with some presents. I am not a confident sewer really - paper is my thing - but even I feel I can tackle some of the lovely projects in this book. I suppose one could also suggest that I am using my creativity to avoid essay writing (I hear you saying it!!) but everything has its own time, and right now, my head is not in the books!! Karen is not here until 12 November so there is still enough space in my planning to get the garden winter-ready; make the Mincemeat for the pies; do the Chocolate Freezer Cake for Christmas;
paint the stairs and landing, and the gorgeous lamp that I got in Zwolle for an exceptionally good price!!!! Having just read the weather prediction for the UK, I am definitely sticking to this order of getting things done!!
Sue xx

No comments: