Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Busy in the garden

One under, one on top of the cover!!!

Cherie, the Cherry Tree!

Picture on the wall

..eventually going to be surrounded by this creeper!!

I tidied the front whilst I was busy, too!

Our thin bit is filling up nicely now

Part of the back border
The sun timed it perfectly today as I had energy for the garden which badly needed attention after the recent rain. And with my work schedule looking pretty full on for the coming month and a half, it was time to make a start and get it all neat and tidy again. The main task was planting the tree and creating the  small border around it. I think she fits in very nicely! The larger tree will wait til autumn but this was car-sized so we upped her in, and found her a spot along the sunny side fence. The cats were not impressed as you can see - bottoms facing away from me!! I have got Bursitis in my left elbow which restricts my working too long and hard unfortunately, and at the moment it is quite painful again. Not boding well for painting a wall, which is worrying as I was finally going to start! Still will, but maybe with a bandage to support it?  The front garden is growing up fast - so handy having the sunshade already in situ when we moved in a year ago. We have them front and back and they are super handy. Sadly we don't live next door to keen gardeners, so maintaining the garden weed-free is impossible. Sometimes I feel as though I am fighting a losing battle, but then again, we want ours to look pretty so what alternative to more elbow grease is there? Exactly!! None!!!
All in all a hard days work both indoors and outside, and I am feeling pretty tired right now. I fell asleep for a while in the stool outside, which was heavenly, but a good nights sleep is what I really need tonight.
Lets hope we both get one!
Sue xx

No comments: