Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 31 July 2011

365 days later.........

our first year here in Lutjebroek is over!! We have survived, and not only that, we have arrived at the end of that year intact, whole, complete. At the beginning I was full of fear and anxiety about our ability to cope and survive with so little behind us. I knew nothing about so many things key to that survival, but I have learnt so much in retrospect, that I know now, that I can cope with so much more. If happiness were to be measured in money terms, then we are on the brink of depression, but measured in emotional terms, we are joyous millionaires. No regrets- that is what life is about. Taking ones chances, doing what feels right and true, and not thinking so hard about the consequences that it prevents action. Its gone so quickly this year of ours, and we have grown as individuals and as a family. Sure, I can wish for more. I can dream about achieving my goals about turning the whole house into a lovely place to live, but there is still plenty of time to do all that. One of the best decisions I made was to start my training to become a counsellor. That has given me so much support this year, and brought my decaying grey cells back from the brink of extinction! It has set me on the path to my future, however that may turn out, and I can't wait to start the second year. I know some really great ladies that I would otherwise never have met. I have rediscovered the resources within myself, and found that there are people out there willing to help us if we only ask them to. My faith has been restored thank goodness, and my personal seagull is flying high once more.
Sue xx

No comments: