Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 10 July 2011

almost over

- the weekend that is! I didn't start off feeling too well to be frank, but that is now going a lot better so apart from the tired feeling, I think I am back to normal. I am of an age when things begin to change.........well, I think they are!! and that sometimes leaves me wondering what all the aches and pains really are! I tend to shrug them off mostly, and ignore them, but once in a while they are a tad scary and then I have to stop and think more seriously about my health. So, starting tomorrow, back on the strict diet regime that has lapsed for ages now, sadly, but has to be given the attention it deserves if I am to retain this new slimmer version of me!! Maybe those pains will disappear if I do...............
Then there is the obvious motivation of having passed on my diet to another friend, who reports great success and enthusiasm for it still, AND who is coming to visit us in October!!!! Since she is the person who originally challenged me to lose half a stone when she was here last year, and whom I haven't seen since, I better have something to show her when she arrives! Oh, and there is the small matter of the M&S black trousers that I need to shorten the legs on but are a size 16, folks!!!! WOW!!! We won't talk about generous sizing with M&S or pretend that every pair I wear is going to have that label in the back, but, for now, I can get in them, do the zip and button up, and want to wear them out on Wednesday!!!
Talking about Jackie visiting, makes me focus on the decorating again, and set me thinking about doing some wallpaper stripping on the landing. Ideally it will be the bedroom that gets the makeover, but if I do the hall myself, then maybe we can do that when she is here - oh, bad plan, then we'd have nowhere to sleep!!! So other way round maybe? Then there is the painting in the living room which is absorbing my thoughts on a daily basis now. I am toying with the idea of rollering it; not myself, you understand, because me and rollers don't go well together, but there are suggestions of how to achieve it if I let go of the control need, and move into a more trusting groove...........hmm, jury's still out on that one!! I think it is after watching Grand Designs on Sunday evenings that this urge to decorate and improve our house becomes stronger. I see what huge projects people undertake, and it sort of puts this one into perspective, and I realise that all that it requires is some elbow grease, time and effort, and a great deal of imagination, and it could all look so much better! Obviously buying the accessories is out of the question right now, but the hard work only requires volunteers.......

What else has been rattling me lately? Oh, yes, the mobile issue. Mine died recently, never to be resurrected, and so I started off using Tim's old one. Way too complicated, heavy, unnecessary and one I didn't seem comfortable with at all. So then I was given an old Nokia which is fine except now it is proving unreliable when I text and I cannot use my hands free thingy when I am in the car, so not a happy bunny here! I have been promised another one, similar to my old Samsung, which makes me very pleased and delighted, and I can't wait to get it. Then when December comes, I will be rewarded with the new one Tim took over from me, 'cos he is hoping for something much more spectacular.....i...think ( hint, hint ).
And last but not least, I have started thinking about Christmas..........and what homemade presents I can give this year...........the leaning is towards stitchery my friends, totally inspired by The House Wren Studio blog of course. Charlotte Lyons has beautiful things in her Etsy shop and on her blog and its well worth taking a look there. I spent a happy hour yesterday smooshing around the net looking at various patterns and ideas and threads and colours - and doodling on bits of paper, and day dreaming about designs. Fun!!
Well if this hasn't caught you up with events in my world, then I don't know what else to say except....
P.S. I said it wouldn't rain, and it hasn't. Who's right now?!....
Sue xx

No comments: