Les Mis Trailer

Monday 26 November 2007

radiating warmth!

I was busy the other day re-arranging my scrap-room as I felt unhappy with the way it was (logical), and this has led to Genghis finding a new place to sit! He can just about squeeze into a tiny spot between the phone, note pad, and the plant and manages to get right up close to the radiator! Any closer and he would be on it!!!!! He is SOoooo SWEET! Genghis is getting to the age where sleep is preferable to any other activity in the winter months. As I write now he is snuggled up next to Xander on our bed, where they will remain until 3pm when their tummies rumble and they come down for food. They usually return to their warm spot until we are having dinner when they re-appear to see whether there are any left-overs, or a nice comfy lap to sit on. If I were to count the number of 'beds' the pair have around the house it would be embarrassing!!! From hanging mats on radiators to baskets in my scraproom, chair with cushions, corners of settees, the washing........spoilt or what??!!! They say that if you want the best seat in the house you have to move the cat, and it is TRUE!!!! I am still busy scrapping my stars for Christmas. I have taken the "hand-made pledge" to make as many presents either myself or bought from a craft stall, or other hand-made shops. It is quite a challenge but I think that in a world full of electronica and computers and other gadetry, a little bit of time and effort spent creating something unique for someone else is worthwhile. I loved the button tree that I saw on Ali Edwards blog and have got to gather enough buttons to make it but I have started by getting the tree shape together! It looks easy.....but probably isn't, but anyway, worth a try. The stars are all different, made from MDF and painted in a shaker-way, folk-artish etc. I like this simple style very much. I can'twait to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic and up!! Almost December.........................I will take some photos of what I have completed to date and let you see them hereeeeeee. I have to make some birthday cards too, and then concentrate on the workshop for Wednesday. Photos of the cards we are making to follow!

No comments: