Les Mis Trailer

Monday 26 November 2007

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Well, not quite but it is a question of "two stars and three cards, and a workshop on Wednesday!!!" Here are two of the stars I have already finished. We made them out of MDF and have undercoated them in white paint and then gone round the edges with either silver or gold paint, and put a small hole in the top for the wire to go through. The paper is cut out about half a centimeter smaller than the star itself and then I have done various things to it before simply glueing it in place! Because it is MDF it doesn't suck up the glue so that paper remains nice and flat! Handy tip to know!!! The cards are for the workshop I am giving this week. Two regular ladies are coming with another friend in tow, so that is really nice and cosy!!! I always enjoy them coming as they are so lovely and appreciative of what they make every time. I try to vary the techniques and the degree of complexity as well, as they are all 'ladies of a certain age' who are great at crafts but enjoy doing something a little different with me. Mostly it is the products that they are unfamiliar with now, and they have learnt how to stamp already at one of my other workshops, and use some of the inks etc, but I think the see-through ornaments will surprise them!!! I love the plastic buttons too; so easy to use! and they co-ordinate wonderfully. This year has been a great one for scrappers as the products are simply gorgeous!!!!

No comments: