Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Stephanie Spielburg???

I think I must be aiming for an Oscar every night when I go to dream - sleep is far away at the moment! I dream intensely and deeply usually, but yesterday was a first for even me! When I woke up I was in some kind of twilight zone I guess because I had a conversation on my phone that I can't recall, and my head felt so heavy and vague.........all I remember is my dream. The whole day I was suffering from a terrible headache and 'out of mindness' that made it difficult to concentrate at work for any length of time.  A thought I am having now, is that it has to do with the weather we are experiencing this week - all the thunderstorms etc. Maybe it is affecting me too much?!
This morning I woke at 5.30 and went to the bathroom before returning to bed and a dream in which I was in medieval England and wanting to win a contest over all the men in order to become their leader. My name was Emma and I did win - but it was like a film script in some respects as that is the way I dream; half awake and talking and being those people. If I could tap into the whole thing  I would take Hollywood by storm!!! ;-)
It does leave me exhausted that is the only problem, but my imagination is so alive always, it is the main reason why I cannot watch things that are too disturbing or upsetting or scary as they are hard to get out of my mind. So don't go asking me to watch 'Nightmare on Elm Street', ok?!
And I totally agree, Ineke, the version of Pride and Prejudice that was on this week is nothing in comparison to the BBC series. Too weak character portrayals by the Lizzie and Darcy and others, and the story was so condensed that the love story got lost in translation somewhat. The best Jane Austen films are 'Sense and Sensibility' and 'Becoming Jane'. Both worthwhile watching Ineke, if you have never seen them!!! I always cry during both of them!!

If you had to be a character from a book or film do you have any idea which one is the closest to who you think you are? For me I would have to be a mix of:

JO from Little Women
ELEANOR from Sense and Sensibility
KATY from What Katy Did
LIZZIE from Pride and Prejudice.

I think these women shaped me in some way as I read so much about them as a child and loved everything they got up to and how they experienced their worlds - along with their romantic heros of course!! Probably why I am still expecting my knight in shining armour to come galloping around the corner at any minute now!! What do these characters all have in common then? Well, they are strong women, with ideals and dreams and responsibilities over and above the norm, and love affairs that are never straight forward!!! Jo falls for the german professor, Eleanor for the humorous would-be vicar, Katy for her sailor and Lizzie for the rich gentleman. (Hmm.............ring any bells?!!!) Jo is the tomboy scatterbrain with a love of writing, Eleanor the quiet down to earth manager of house and family, Katy the school girl who grows up as the eldest sister looking after Clover and going travelling with her aunt to meet her man, and Lizzie is bound to her own romantic ideal of marrying for nothing less than love of her soulmate. (Big Ben ringing in my ears!!!!! ) Since Becci has also read all these books - and more - I see the same thing in her but maybe it is a good thing, as any lover of literature only has to read the entire library to stand a chance of understanding us and meeting the challenge of loving us!!! Can't wait to get all by beloved heroines back on my bookshelves to be read once more...............
Sue xx

No comments: