Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Only 6 more days...........

until Tim and I get the keys to our new house!!! I am finally starting to believe it is happening and we are moving. I think it is a little like going on holiday: you plan it for so long beforehand that when the time comes, it is over before you realise it! I went shopping for the ordinary stuff this morning - y'know, the cleaning items that are essential but boring!! The reality is that no matter how tidy the house will seem, I know I will have to clean it myself. A sort of nesting instinct I guess, putting my stamp on the house and saying 'here I am'. We won't be able to move in straight away as flooring needs to be laid etc but as least I will be able to walk around the whole place and really take notice of what needs doing and what is good about it and where I can make improvements over time etc. Wouldn't feel the same without a good list or two!! I have been thinking in large general terms about what we can and must do to organise the move, but now we need to macromise (my own word for it I fear!) and plan the final small detailed jobs that need my attention as well. The cats for one thing - new address tags and a lead and harness for Finka who is going to be SO miserable when she realises she has to stay indoors for a while to adjust to losing her gardens. Genghis will be fine I am hoping as he is an older cat and used to moving house and country with us. I can keep him indoors easily once he has arrived but Finka is young and easily scared so I think she will need watching.
Yesterday we had a BBBQ at one of the day centres where I work. It was fun! So great seeing our clients enjoying themselves, getting up and singing and dancing with one another - and me! I have not waltzed in years but one gentleman wanted me to dance with him so I gave it a whirl. At least I didn't tread on his toes or fall over! I was happier doing the Conga!!! I remember one BBQ on a beach many years ago where everyone was doing that thing where you have to get under a low pole by shimmying..........and I just daren't try it in case I made a total ass of myself! I think I am older now and might even attempt it because life is too short for small cares and worries and it is for living. Still haven't got any better co-ordinated though!!
We had the tail end of the storm I think this evening, nothing like the predicted weather warning we heard all day long. It has not cleared the air so it is hot and humid here and I am in for another tossing and turning and dreaming night I can tell. Pity, I was so looking forward to just sleeping..................
Sue xx

No comments: