Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 21 July 2010

First day over

An early start to my day but I was there on time to collect the keys to the new house and hand over my money etc! Actually I was there about an hour as the lady and I had a really good long chat about ourselves and family and work and children and just about everything! It was all very nice and friendly and very helpful. Then I took my first carload of stuff round and just sat in the garden for a while 'contemplating my navel'!!! Letting it all sink in in other words. I was busy unpacking the second time round having then cycled over there to get my bike settled in, when the neighbour over the fence began another very lengthy conversation with me for about an hour!! So far, little was achieved but I know all about them now!!
Living next to a computer guy is handy to know!
Then it was time to get into the details of how the house looked and what I needed to do and how....so very glad you were there too!! It is going to be a week of flat-out hard work, but hey, that was to be expected and now I have seen the size of the challenge I know what I have to do. And that wall can come out as soon as possible!!! Hopefully tomorrow whilst I am working............and then re-built when there is a bit of space in the week.
There is something nice about starting the house off from scratch I think. It will be definitely all ours when we are finished and we can sit back and tell ourselves we did a good job. Getting downstairs nice is the first task and that is going to be done, leaving some time to save up again for the finishing touches and all the niceties I am hoping for...............see, not even going for 'beautiful' just nice over nasty ugliness!!!! :-)
There are obviously restrictions with it being a rented house, so I have to accept the limitation of some of the work that has been done in the past, but hey, I have great doors!!! And I am dead set on a green and red kitchen and new door handles!! Make such a difference to the feeling of the kitchen I think.
But now I am very tired and hot and bothered and just crave a white wine and a good film this evening.
Tomorrow is another day.....
Sue xx

No comments: