Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Happy little sandboy!

Ah the bliss of a paintbrush.............I have spent the evening painting the kitchen walls green. Tim rather rudely thought it looked like Shrek........but I have assured him it is 'kitchen green' I am using! And I have smartened up the awful white standard units by adding new handles; makes such a difference I reckon! Tim managed to get them all on for me as well as ripping off wallpaper in his bedroom and sweeping upstairs ready for the flooring on Thursday. I saw it in the shop when I went to pay this afternoon..........still love it!! I think from the outside the house is just bog-standard utility housing but inside.............yes, a Devon cottage in the making!!!! I am loving the green!!! We worked solidly all evening until just about half an hour ago which is pretty good going. Heaven only knows at what point I will fall asleep at work tomorrow; it was round about 2pm when I felt myself sagging somewhat today, and by four I was ready to drop. I think I was half asleep driving home.............
Anyway, we are still ploughing on although my admiration for all those people who take on renovation, restoration or new builds is rapidly increasing by the minute!
Well,  I ache all over now, and have green paint splattered on me but nowhere else so it was easy peasy work today and it was good.
Sue xx

No comments: