Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Sneak previews!!!!

These are little snatches of the Christmas cards I am making with Loes. It is fun dreaming ( quite literally) up designs and trying new techniques etc. There are some super embellishments to be found in Xenos and other local shops for example - and nice quality 'cos I prefer something that looks attractive and solid to anything less. My workshop yesterday went off really well, but the ladies were so impressed with the lettering I gave them that they ordered 100's of them for today!!! So I was up until after midnight cricutting them out and packaging them for 9.30am today. I will be doing some more once I finish the blog! Phew!!! It was a good job I had not aimed the projects too high as there were ladies here who had not made cards before etc. and no-one had used stamps, so it was ok. They enjoyed it and I have 2 more to go!
These cards are not what they did however..........but if someone comes for a Christmas card workshop they do make some of these. I like to vary the techniques and allow people to try different styles. My next one is next Thursday morning with Amienke and Annemarie. Hello ladies!!! I 'had' to make an emergency run to Den Helder in the afternoon as all my black cardstock was used up! And what did I see there.......................the most wonderful My Minds Eye paper!!!! It is beautiful and I had to have it!!! Just one packet but it is irresistable. And there were delightful rub-ons I needed to have..........................and so much more but I held back for the offers at the Kreadoe which I am told will be there. I'm going to be of those women who takes her craft trolley with her for all the anticipated purchases! I think it will have to be a matter of 'may I have some money for my christmas present (now) darling?' I have already used it once, but I think as he missed our anniversary this week I can ask once more! And with the stress that I am experiencing this week with our teenage son and school I need something to scrap to take my mind off the worrying I am doing!!! That is getting to a stage that I cannot deal with any more so I am very miserable at the moment - especially after yesterday. And exhausted and sad and frustrated and a whole lot more!!!! Best to leave me alone on that subject though; talking about it leads to tears and I cannot afford to get all emotional right now. Too much to do and I need to remain focused and strong. Very difficult with PMT happening as well I can tell you..................................grrrr!!!!
Anyway, I'd love to continue here for MUCH longer but there is work to be done upstairs and in a very short time the ladies will arrive for this morning. Maybe I can take out my frustrations at the gym this afternoon!!!! And then Ann is here this evening so we can have a good gossip together and swop teen traumas all evening!!!! Hope all of you have a great day. "Hello Becci, sweetheart!"

No comments: