Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 17 October 2007

and finally......

YES! We have finally bought a wardrobe for our bedroom after 18 months of waiting.............and Peter is busy putting it together right now! We went to Ikea and with help from the guy there we had it designed and costed within about 10 mintues. This has taken us hours, days and weeks to do via their site so what a relief it was to have help. It worked out less expensive than we had thought too so even better. I think we will have to re-arrange the whole bedroom to get everything in we want to, but who cares; I have somewhere to store our clothes!!!!! This layout is the third in my series for the shop. I am really pleased with it too. I took this photo of the tree in Enkhuizen a week ago on my way to work. The whole street alongside the water was like it but I wanted to focus on the tree's colours and not the boats so I have cropped it to one. The flowers and the basic grey paper combine so well with the black and white and the colour of the tree, it was just meant to be! Since it has rained all day today and the leaves are falling off so rapidly now, it was great to capture this scene when I did. Always have a camera in your handbag!!! And take the photo when you see it, because it never comes round another time! Loes came round this afternoon and we were scrapping and chatting together for a few hours. Tomorrow we are doing something sporty and then we are going into her shed to sand paper our 'hearts'!!!! Gerard has made some wooden hearts to save us having to buy them in the shops, and we are going to sand them down, paint them and then scrap them together for Christmas! Today we were experimenting with Christmas card designs and we used her lovely wreath stamp to great effect. I think this year we are making the best ever, and I am really happy with them so far. Every one is different from ones I have made before, so that adds to our creative inspiration of course! And I am excited about going to the Creadoe fair on 1st November with Ann. The rail fare is so cheap if you have bought a ticket to the fair so we are not taking the car and risking getting stuck in all the traffic queues ( or lost!). Anyway, as the old train slogan from 'years ago' said " let the train take the strain" so we will!!!!!

No comments: