Les Mis Trailer

Monday 22 October 2007

Size matters?.......

I don't believe it does but there are things we are more suited for because of our size, age or ability. Or then again just because more people vote for you in a competition!!!! Last night Willie and Erin were voted out of Strictly and I think it was too soon for them. In my opinion, there are a lot of ladies out there who adore Anton du Bec, and take pity on him for always getting the 'lame duck' as his partner! He is a proper gentleman and is really lovely towards his partners, never shouting at them like Brendan, so he gets the more mature stars who need nurturing and cosseting, and then they fall at the first hurdle! And Anton goes with them!!! So to have voted Kate in last night, kept Anton in as well, ergo.....Willie and Erin were in the dance-off with John and Nicole. An unfair fight really as John is better than Willie and it was won fairly. BUT! If they had been against Kate.............Willie would have lived to fight another day!!!!! And so say all of us!!! GO WILLIE! GO WILLIE! GO WILLIE! And then I switched over to Nederland 1 to watch the final of "Evita?" I am delighted to say that the girl I thought best suited to the role won: Brigitte. I think she is superb and perfect for this role. If it was a contest to find someone for the role of Edith Piaf, Suzan would have won hands down. Not essentially because of her size, but because I can visualize her singing the part. She has a very powerful voice and stage prescence which Edith Piaf also had, and I think with her accent she would deliver the famous ' non, je ne regret rien' fabulously!!! Suzan will play the understudy for Brigitte which is great since they now know each other so well, and it will help them with all the media attention that is heading their way. So congratulations to them BOTH! And I hope to go and see the show as I think it will be amazing.

No comments: