Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 30 October 2007

disasters all round this week!!!!

I'll begin with the least emotional content of this post and end with the tearing out of my hair part if that's ok with you?! Well, Ann and I are flabbergasted by the events this weekend in Strictly. To our dismay, one of the top pairs is now out of the contest and the judges are up in arms, and it is beginning to be rather too much of a farce for it to retain its credibility for much longer. There are 2 couples who are obviously not great dancers: Kate and Kenny. They had the lowest scores this week and were miles beneath the level of the others without any doubt at all. Kate should have gone before now and cetainly this week her number should have been up! But NO!!!!! The viewers voted Gabby and James and Penny and Ian into the dance-off which left the judges NO CHOICE but to vote one of them out. And that was Gabby. Total nonsense! And I really feel for her and James as they were expected to make the final three. In Take Two last night Len was furious and Bruno was defiant and Craig was angry.................how much longer will this type of series where professionals and the famous 'perform' in competitions continue, if we the viewers don't do it justice by voting responsibly???? Not long. Ok, that was the easy part. Our son is causing us so many problems at school right now that I think he is coming to the end of the line with what the teachers can offer him and he will end up being asked to go to the school for children that need "something else". It is that serious, but he seems oblivious to this and continues to defy them and do nothing whilst he is there. I know that at 14 there are the puberty factors to consider and there are personality traits involved and desire to learn etc, but in spite of all this, he is destroying every chance he might have had with them and for what end? If only someone could answer the 'why?' for me. I just don't understand him right now, and I cannot believe that there is not a problem we have yet to uncover and deal with that would HELP HIM. We have got a meeting this Thursday and having read the e-mails from his mentor over the past week, I see a downward trend that scares the hell out of me! And I feel so helpless, and tired and destraught all the time. I know that maybe if he has to face the consequences of his behaviour he will finally realise that he has to change..................but what if he doesn't? Which direction will he go in? Where will he end up? A mother thinks about all these possibilities and in this day and age it is a nightmare worse than anything one sees in a film, because it is reality. I cannot talk about it to anyone because if I do, I cry and get very upset and I have my own responsibilities and work to try to do in spite of all this going on. Loes came and 'rescued' me the other day and took me out for the day as I think I would have otherwise taken to my bed and spent the whole day sobbing! I thank her from the bottom of my heart for her kindness and friendship. And now I have to stop as it is breaking my heart yet again, and I have to do other things today which require me to 'perform'..............and for my own sanity this is important. Somebody come along and wrap me up in cottonwool and protect me from all this please!!!!! I need to be strong and allow this to unfold in its tragedy in the hope that it ultimately the best is for our son. I don't know what else to do.

No comments: