Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 4 September 2011

Weekend blogging

Usually takes places first thing in the morning before I venture downstairs and forage in the fridge for my breakfast. I didn't sleep too well last night so although I call this a reasonable hour, I've been awake for ages longer!
Yesterday it was blistering hot and made a wonderful change to the weather we've had much of the summer. September could be awesome...........we managed to get some gardening done, front and back, some jobs that were definitely long overdue finally got sorted ( thanks ) and then the kids cooked dinner for  Ann and I which was delicious. Doubly so when someone else does all the hard work! I contributed a Lemon Meringue Pie at Tim's request, but since we have not made one in months possibly years, it was a delight. Will make it again for sure. Today we have got another guest for dinner, so I am in charge of our Italian menu. First up I am going to bake a Focaccia Bread - been wanting to try one for ages and today seems perfect. That and my favourite Pasta Puttanesca followed by Stuffed Nectarines and Mascarpone Cream - yummy!! But first there are jobs to be done..............aren't there always??? It rained during the night too, so I'm not expecting such a lovely day as yesterday which is probably just as well to keep me busy before a whole working week ahead!!
Sue xx

No comments: