Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 11 September 2011

how the seasons change in the blink of an eye........

Today I'm making Mango Preserve/Chutney and Christmas Cards!! How absurd is that?!!! But when the spirit moves, as they say..................creativity is not something that answers to command in my case!
And actually it is proving very therapeutic today as I need to keep my mind off where it wants to wander, and so the daily quote " thoughts become things - so think the good ones" is especially appropriate for me today.

The cats were sat outside doing penance. I stripped the bed of all the linen etc, washed it, dried it, put it ready to go back on later when the mattresses have aired...............came back upstairs and found that 'someone' with four paws and a furry coat, had entertained other ideas about fresh linen to mine!! Not a happy mummy I can tell you!!! Genghis has pitifully meowed to be allowed back in and is making his way to under the computer to sit at my feet and plead his innocence. I do not know which is the guilty party, so he is on probation! I suppose he is now 14 years old and might be exhibiting some undesirable urges that come with age - or it was the other one who simply loves clean ruffled up sheets!!!! If ever a cat was born to be a princess..................

So Strictly commenced in all its razzmatazz last night. I got some pairings correct when we were guessing who'd partner who though I think it is a  shame the two Italians were not paired up. That would have been entertaining!!! I think Lulu and Brendan is either heaven or hell - and I see a whole lot of potential and determination already in Jason Donovan!!! He wants to win! I thought that Alex was not a great and natural dancer from the group dance- she looked more awkward than I had expected, so it will be a good series once again. The coming three weeks training will sort the men from the boys!! Bring it on!!!

It was lovely over on the blog Curlew Country today as it was all about Ludlow and the food fair there. It is one of my most favourite places to visit, and having lived close by for several years, I go back whenever I get the chance. I can see that I am going to have to get brave and take the car over the pond sometime, to visit Becci and Ric and other friends in the area, and do a lot of sight-seeing!!! ( That is the correct euphemism for undercover shopping isn't is?) Visit the blog and see what we are missing!!!
Sue xx

2 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi
I have just discovered your lovely blog via Curlew Country. I love the title of your blog, it is so very true...very original choice.
I could relate to you with the cats. I have 2 cats and living in the countryside, they often come in with muddy paw prints...
Isabelle x

Suzanne said...

Hi Isabelle, you have a lovely blog too!! My daughter is 24 and a huge vintage fan so I always look out for vintage interest sites etc to pass on to her. Lucky you living in gorgeous Somerset! I went to college in Devon and lived in Dorset for a while afterwards so it is one of my favourite parts of the UK. Thanks for your sweet comment!! xx