Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 8 May 2010

infection hurts!

Ouch, the swelling from the bite I got last Tuesday whilst in the garden is now ENORMOUS!! The whole of my left foot is red hot and puffy and tight and hurts like heck!!! I've got a plaster on the weeping part as it was so nasty otherwise, and it is spreading up my leg now too..........I think health-wise I leave a lot to be desired this week!!
Loes has just collected Tim's cakes that he has baked and decorated; his first ever real fondant-iced creations, so he was pleased that they were ok for her. I think he found it more demanding that he expected, and certainly more time-consuming, but we are learning as we go, and it will get easier each time. At least he has a steady hand!!!! Give me scraps of paper over icing any day though; it is not my thing at all!! Loes brought him her famous and much in demand meatballs so that means I have it easy too this evening as supper just arrived!! Enough for two, so thanks Loes!! Y'know we love 'em!!!
The rain finally stopped so I did nip out for essential shopping but everywhere I went there were queues of men all buying MOTHER'S DAY presents and flowers etc. Nice that they do it, but it meant a lot longer wait than usual in the shops! Luckily Tim was all organised and he has something for me, I know, and I had my card from Becci when it was the English Mothering Sunday and that is still on the mantelpiece. I'm hoping for at least a cup of tea in the morning!!!
Finka is stealing roses again, so I have moved them from their nice vase into another one in the kitchen, and surrounded it with various other things to make it more difficult for her to attack! First Xander with his tulip-slaying tendencies and now Finka with roses............and I do so love the Peonies that are in the shop now!! Would she eat them too? They look a bit like roses........worried. I do adore them when they are available, and always love to have them in the house. I suppose I will just have to try; and watch Finks like a hawk!!! What is it with my cats and flowers?????
I was just asked to accept someone on my skype address which was a total surprise, and although I did hesitate before accepting, I suppose it was not nice to refuse. It's a long story, but this guy is someone I've known for years and years, and it has been a sort of love-hate relationship of sorts: and that because he is so unreliable and I just hate that!!I seem to recall telling him last time that I would never answer a request to talk from him ever again after he had not replied to the last one I sent: I suspect he just likes to check up on me every now and again and find out what status I have and whether it is interesting or not!!!! Probably a bit harsh on him, but then again, that is my experience with this guy, so I am calling it as I see it boyo! At a guess I would say I haven't heard from him for 3 years or more?.......strange; but I suppose he must be out there looking for me still, to have bothered to ask me to skype...........last time he had tracked me down via the Friends site. So if you are wondering who I mean( Becci); it's the chap who gave you Spot!!!! ;-)
Sue xx

No comments: