Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 20 April 2008

Where is the sun?!

We were promised a sunny sunday today but so far it is cold and uninspiring weather out there. Even the cats don't want to go out - Xander is actually sitting directly next to my left hand as I type this ....walking over the keypad, sitting in front of the screen...all very unhelpful but sweet of him!! Removed to the back of the chair next to the computer now...much better! Peter is off to Switzerland for the week shortly, hence why we are up so early this morning! Tim has had his friend Patrick here all weekend ( think he likes my food!), and yesterday Alicia arrived and we all went to the last basketball match of this season - which they eventually won, wow! - and they were all still awake around three this morning apparently!!!! Ah, 15, and it all changes doesn't it? I remember Becci always bringing a gaggle of giggling girls home with her and them talking into the wee hours etc. We sleep on the top floor here, wise move, didn't hear a thing, so no problem. They will be even MORE tired today!!! I feel like MacDonalds - serving food at all hours and filling up hungry teenage tummies all day long - love it!! I am of the opinion that I prefer having Tim and his friends here so that I know what and where they are, than worrying about when he is coming home and what he has been doing. I think it is great to welcome the youngsters and get to know who his friends are etc. All for it!! Phew!! I worked for the first time at the Day Centre last Thursday and this week I will be at the other one for one and a half days and then the local centre for an afternoon on Thursday. It is tiring learning all about the clients and how it all fits together but very nice. I am going to enjoy it. I like the idea of some extra cash too!! I've signed up for the new CARDS ONLY magazine which promises to be very useful for my card-making etc, and also for the new CARD KIT from Simpel Scrappen. That will be super, and starts next month - watch this space! With a bit of luck and some time, I will get down to photographing my latest creations - still on the 50th theme though with more friends reaching this milestone at the moment. I have also got the photo ready for Hillies Pedicure LO for her practise. My friend has asked for one to hang up but I have run out of the paper she chose so need - yes, really NEED, to go to Den Helder soon for some more stash! I have got a gift voucher to use there anyway, from Amienke, so that will come in very handy. The photography course is going well too, so I hope to have much improved photos for my new LO's soon! I have not done any for a while with being ill, but I am getting into the mood again, inspired as ever by ALI EDWARDS whom I adore. I love her blog and ideas on life etc and how organised she manages to be. I want to be like her!!!! I must re-vamp my room this week. Maybe that will help me. I am not giving workshops regularly at the moment due to not feeling very well, but I have so much 'old stuff' hanging around that could be organised far more practically. I think I will have a move around in there soon..................and ditch the things I really have no intention of ever using!!!!! Radical thought!

No comments: