Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Card for my cousin!

My cousin and his wife are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary in May so I have made this card to send to them. I used the sketch from the challenge at Kaarten maken met Tiets which meant that I had a card for this months entry!!! Anyway, hope you like it Stephen & Janette!! It is going in the post this morning. Hopefully we will be able to go to their party in the summer providing the dates are ones we have got free, and the cost of the flights are not ridiculously high.....it would be so great to see everyone again! I used to live near them about...26 years ago so we were all going out together then etc. Stephen is my daughters god-father as well. So lots of reasons to want to be there for me.
I also saw that the first cardkits have been sent out from Simpel Scrappen but where oh where is mine?!!!!! I am looking forward to getting started on some new cards with new paper! I actually did a scrap yesterday too. Don't all faint! It has been a while I know, but I decided I had to try something new so I have made a layout on a transparent sheet and it is ok...not briliant, just ok, but it is a start. I think I need to buy new paper, don't you?!! Get some inspiration from having new stash.....and I have been taking better photos at long last I think. The course is improving my confidence and skill so I am delighted. I end up taking photos that I didn't even think about before which is interesting. This week I had to take a story with 5 photos so I got Tim washing my car!!!! I think I can make a good scrap out of the photos after they have been to class. Slowly, slowly, my mojo is returning!!!! Maybe it has been that I have focused on my cards with all the birthdays I needed to get done, or just that I was needing a new direction or idea to kick start my creative juices..don't know.

No comments: