Les Mis Trailer

Monday 14 April 2008

Mixed bag!

Ok, these might seem rather incongruous photos to you, but they represent the last activities I have taken part in!! First here we are outside ART JOURNEY in Sleen, and before that we had coffee and apple tart in a small cafe cum gallery we stumbled upon en route; closely followed by a CHEESE & ONION TART a la Delia's recipe, and a tree in TWISK that I had to take from an unusual angle for my photography course!!!! At the moment I seen quite intent on using my new Boretti oven to the max. seizing any excuse to bake something in it! I am following the Delia Cheats programme on Monday nights, BBC 2 at 9.30pm, and although she made this one with a few shortcuts that are not available to us poor things here in the Netherlands, I had this recipe in my vegetarian cookbook, so did it the hard way!! Tasted delicious I must say. With it being Tims birthday I have been looking in my MARY BERRY cake book all morning, trying to decide what to make for his party - and what ingredients I already have etc. I am definitely going to make the treacle tart, only because I look treacle tart, and haven't had one for years; a lemon cheesecake, and an apple tart. That is for starters!! There are luscious biscuit recipes and other wonderful cakes in her book, and I want to do it all!!!!! Some things are impossible without having the ingredients here from the UK. I try to always stock up when we are over, but I have run out of some things now. And where is double or whipping cream when you need it?!!!! One has to use single cream and add a thickener to it - duh, why not just make thick cream???? That is frustrating I think, and I really don't understand why the Dutch haven't got this sorted yet? They are all keen on Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver and watch their programmes and buy their books etc. but don't seem keen to demand that the shops start stocking newer ingredients for their recipes? Who can live without PARSNIPS for example?!!!!! The last photo was taken from a strange angle for my course, but it turned out quite nicely I thought so I have included it here! Still got to take some more before Friday...see whether Loes has done any better with hers, or maybe we'll have to go together and lie under a few trees!!!!

No comments: