Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 1 April 2008

goodness me!

Is it really so long since I updated this blog?! 16 March was ages ago.....but then we were busy with the new kitchen etc and then I caught 'flu and have been very ill with that for a few weeks, so there are good reasons for my tardiness! So hello - how are things in your worlds? Here it is raining and quite a damp day - not much happening etc. I managed to plant a few things in the border this morning before the rain started - I had a voucher from Ineke for my birthday so have now got some lovely Aquiligea's and other spring plants adoring the flower beds, thanks! I love those plants - they are so delicate and pretty. I think spring flowers are often the loveliest don't you? I took Peter to the train station first thing today - he is in Denmark for the rest of the week, celebrating 4 years with his company today too. They are opening a new building I think, so there is enough to celebrate I guess. He is probably glad to get away from home and the outstanding jobs to be done in the kitchen - a reprieve until the weekend when the tiling needs attention!!!! And the other little things like handles are still missing.......not our fault the shop forgot to order them in time. but we have lovely plastic 'tags' from Danmil which do work, so I suppose it is ok!!!! I think the finished kitchen will be everything we wanted, and the green Boretti is FANTASTIC!!!! Love it to bits! Can't imagine what I did without it, and other great expressions of joy!!! www.boretti.com Take a look and love 'em!!! This Sunday just gone I celebrated my birthday with our friends. It was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I adore thinking up what to eat, preparing the meus etc and writing copious notes to myself as I ponder and peruse just what the best choices might be for everyone... we had 17 in all, at two long tables and it was wonderful. I would do it again tomorrow!!! but next year I will be 50 and it should be out of my hands, a surprise party etc....................so I don't have to think about it until 2010............................??? I think it went well and everyone ate it all - especially the puddings! Well, we English do love a good pud, so that is something I put extra effort into making for our guests always. It does frustrate me when I can't find the exact ingredients I want to make some of the puddings we love, but I am hoping to 'restock' in June when we are away, and get the basic essentials for a pudding/cake store cupboard back to the normal level again. Wait until they have tasted my white chocolate cheesecake recipe....................calls for a summer BBQ or a high tea perhaps???? And the terrine of summer fruits is a stunner!!!! I feel it coming on already!!! At the moment I have got an almond and cherry cake in the oven as Tim likes that. It smells fantastic! I must ask him what he wants to make for his birthday which is in 16 days time......can't believe it really. So grown-up already. On the scrapping front I went to the card-day with Tiets last Saturday, with Amienke and it was a good day. I won a prize for best card and got a super bag from Carla in Simpel Scrappen, Den Helder. I bought one or two papers but not very much as we are going to visit Art Journey on 9 April and I will want so many stamps I just know it!!! Loes and I are starting a camera course this week, and that will help me improve my photography skills no end. I am looking forwad to it. 6 weeks with ones own camera - we have the Lumix from Panasonic which is perfect, so look out! more photos in the future on this blog hopefully. But now I have to look up golf lessons as I think we are giving that to Tim for his birthday...if I can find one around that date. He is interested enough to have a go and I think that is great.The basketball season is nearly over too, so he needs another sport to follow perhaps.. we'll see. Got to go now anyway, cake calling from the oven - and my tummy is rumbling for my lunch. Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.